What light color for the workshop?
Adequate lighting in the workshop is crucial when performing precise and engaging tasks. Regulations protecting the safety and health of employees affect the comfort and efficiency of their work. The quality of light is influenced by several factors: luminous efficiency and color rendering, luminous flux and color temperature. The color of light in the workshop is the most important element that affects the working conditions, improves the well-being of employees and allows for faithful reproduction of colors. This is of great importance in varnishing, painting and repair.
What is the color of light
Color of light, otherwise color temperature, is expressed in Calvin (K). It has a direct impact on the well-being of people in the room. An improperly selected light source may cause the environment to lose its aesthetic value, and the users will not feel comfortable in it. When choosing the color of light for the workshop, it is worth remembering the principle - one lamp, one light color. In the case of a luminaire with several light points, we can only use one shade of the bulb. The same goes for ceiling lighting. Combining colors is equally important. Contrasting color combinations - warm and cold - should be avoided. Better to choose a combination of warm and neutral or cold and neutral.
Division of illumination according to the color temperature scale:
- 2900K - very warm light, gives a romantic and cozy impression. Used in places intended for rest, requiring silence and privacy. The color most similar to that of an ordinary light bulb is slightly less warm than the flame of a candle.
- 3000 - 3900K - warm light, its color falls into orange. Very popular in private spaces, it works well during everyday activities. Gives the interior a cozy feeling.
- 4000 - 4500K - light neutral, white. This is the second of the most popular colors when it comes to choosing the color of lighting. This lighting is perfect for general use, it does not distort colors and is therefore perfect for the workplace.
- 4600 - 5500K - light with a cool shade, has a stimulating effect. This color will work in formal spaces, despite the fact that it seems unpleasant. However, it improves concentration, energizes and favors the performance of duties.
- < 5500K - light very cold. This type of lighting is used in public spaces, corridors or parking lots. Also used as decorative lighting.
What light color for the workshop?
When selecting workshop lights we rarely pay attention to their color. However, it is one of the many factors important to the perception of natural colors. It also has a positive effect on the health and well-being of employees. When choosing the color of light for the workshop, it is worth remembering about the comfort and safety of workers, which affects the efficiency and productivity of employees. The wrong light source can cause accidents and errors.
The light color in the workshop should be neutral or cool. Cold light is conducive to concentration and stimulation, while neutral light should be used to illuminate the main workshop, its advantage is the faithful reproduction of colors.
Why is it worth choosing LED luminaires?
Until recently, fluorescent lamps were the most popular lighting in workshops. Compared to traditional incandescent bulbs, they consumed much less energy, but took some time to fully illuminate, often caused a flickering effect, and worst of all, they contained mercury. Currently, entrepreneurs are more willing to use alternative light sources, such as LED diodes, which provide sufficiently strong light, are resistant to damage, have a long service life and are energy-saving.
Until recently, there was not much choice of lighting in terms of the color of light on the market. In the past, the most popular were traditional incandescent bulbs, which gave warm light, and to obtain a cold color, you had to use halogen lamps or fluorescent lamps. Today, LED lighting offers a wide spectrum of selecting the appropriate light color, depending on the function of the place where it will be located.
The color of the LED depends on the type of phosphor that was used in their production. The light source here is an electroluminescent diode, which activates the phosphor placed in the bulb housing. Depending on its type, we can obtain light with a different color temperature.